Blue Sky has 4 Portable Storage Arrangements for you to choose from depending on how often you need access:
- At Your Site for constant access
- At Blue Sky – Indoor Climate Controlled: secure warehouse, limited access by appointment during business hours, additional fees may apply
- At Blue Sky – Outdoors with Access: gated yard, lit at night, keypad access 24/7
- At Blue Sky – Outdoors No Access: outdoor portable storage contents not accessible until redelivery
Blue Sky’s agile delivery system requires far less clearance than our competitors. To deliver a portable storage unit we need:
- Height: ten feet (10’)
- Width: ten feet (10’)
- Length: Unit length + four feet (4’), (e.g. sixteen foot (16’) unit requires twenty feet (20’) total).
- Important: for additional site requirements please see our Terms & Conditions.
Blue Sky’s transport allows for a portable storage box contents weighing up to 7,500 pounds or 3,400 kilograms. This is a substantial amount that will accommodate most uses. Our lift has a built-in scale used to weight your unit prior to pick-up. If the weight capacity is exceeded, you will need to remove contents from the portable storage unit prior to pick-up. For further information please see our Terms & Conditions.
Storage and Moving Supplies
Downsizing, decluttering, renovating, moving… no matter the reason, storage is hard work. Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Blue Sky’s services meet your storage needs with ease.
Items for rent
- Moving blankets & wraps
- Lifting straps
Items for purchase
- Boxes (S,M,L)
- Large Tupperware
- Ratchet Straps
- Measuring tapes
- Dunnage Bags
- Moisture absorbers
Frequently Asked Questions
Portable storage containers offers a number of benefits compared to self-storage because it eliminates
• the need to stick to a mover’s schedule;
• the need to load up your vehicle (especially helpful for large furniture and appliances); and
• the burden of driving to and from your locker.
With Blue Sky, you can keep your Unit at your own site, or have us store it at our facility with optional indoor climate control.
Blue Sky offers two Unit sizes, with exterior dimensions as follows (interior dimensions are roughly 6” less per dimension):
• Regular: 8’L x 8’W x 8’H, capacity: contents of 1-2 rooms
• Large: 16’L x 8’W x 8’H, capacity: contents of 3-4 rooms
• Width: ten (10) feet minimum
• Length: twenty (20) feet minimum, to accommodate a 16-foot container, plus doors and walking space. Please note that more space may be required for sloped conditions.
• Height: ten (10) feet minimum where conditions are sloped, and nine (9) feet minimum for even grades
• Note: Blue Sky does not deliver to underground locations.
Yes, Blue Sky has a carrying capacity of 7,500 lbs per Unit for the contents (plus the weight of the container). Units are weighed on site prior to pickup. It is the client’s responsibility to reduce overweight units prior to them leaving site – please see our Terms and Conditions for additional details.
No. For your own safety, movement or alteration of the Unit by the Customer is strictly prohibited. Should you require movement of your unit, or desire alteration for a custom storage solution, please consult with a Blue Sky Team Member directly.
Blue Sky provides a base level of coverage of $5,000 per unit. You can purchase additional coverage for a total of $15,000 per unit. Our coverage applies from the time Blue Sky picks up the Unit at your address and remains in effect until we re-deliver the Unit to you. Blue Sky’s insurance does not cover Units stored at Customer’s sites – it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure their contents are covered during this time.