Where is my portable storage container kept?
When you rent a mobile storage container from Blue Sky, we have several storage arrangements to choose from. You can keep your unit onsite for full access, or store it offsite with us. When you store with us, take comfort knowing Blue Sky’s facility includes a gated, video monitored gravel yard that is lit at night and shoveled in winter. Choose to store your unit in our climate controlled warehouse for maximum protection from moisture and pests. Storage Arrangements:
- ONSITE: maintain full access
- OFFSITE (At Blue Sky):
- Outdoors – No Access
- Outdoors – Access 24/7
- Indoor – Climate Controlled, Access by Appointment
How much delivery clearance is required?
Blue Sky’s agile delivery system needs far less clearance than that of our competitors. To deliver a mobile storage container to your site, we need:
- Clear Height: ten feet (10’)
- Clear Width: ten feet (10’)
- Clear Length: unit length + four feet (4’)
- 8′ long unit requires 12′
- 16’ long unit requires 20’
How much space does it take up at my site?
The footprint of your portable storage container rental depends on the unit size you select, either:
- 8 foot long: 8’L x 8’W x 8’H
- 16 foot: 16’L x 8’W x 8’H
Important: for additional site requirements please see our Terms & Conditions.
How much weight is allowed?
Blue Sky’s portable storage transport service allows for contents of a mobile storage container rental weighing up to 7,500 pounds or 3,400 kilograms. This is a substantial amount that will accommodate most uses. Our lift has a built-in scale used to weight your unit prior to pick-up. Please note: if the weight capacity is exceeded, you will need to remove contents from the portable storage unit prior to it being removed from site. For further information please see our Terms & Conditions.
Storage and Moving Supplies
Whether you’re downsizing, decluttering, renovating or moving, storage is hard work. Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Blue Sky’s got what you need to get the job done:
Items for rent
- Moving blankets & wraps
- Lifting straps
Items for purchase
- Boxes (S,M,L)
- Large Tupperware
- Ratchet Straps
- Measuring tapes
- Dunnage Bags
- Moisture absorbers
Frequently Asked Questions
Portable storage containers offers a number of benefits compared to self-storage because it eliminates
• the need to stick to a mover’s schedule;
• the need to load up your vehicle (especially helpful for large furniture and appliances); and
• the burden of driving to and from your locker.
With Blue Sky, you can keep your Unit at your own site, or have us store it at our facility with optional indoor climate control.
Blue Sky offers two Unit sizes, with exterior dimensions as follows (interior dimensions are roughly 6” less per dimension):
• Regular: 8’L x 8’W x 8’H, capacity: contents of 1-2 rooms
• Large: 16’L x 8’W x 8’H, capacity: contents of 3-4 rooms
• Width: ten (10) feet minimum
• Length: twenty (20) feet minimum, to accommodate a 16-foot container, plus doors and walking space. Please note that more space may be required for sloped conditions.
• Height: ten (10) feet minimum where conditions are sloped, and nine (9) feet minimum for even grades
• Note: Blue Sky does not deliver to underground locations.
Yes, Blue Sky has a carrying capacity of 7,500 lbs per Unit for the contents (plus the weight of the container). Units are weighed on site prior to pickup. It is the client’s responsibility to reduce overweight units prior to them leaving site – please see our Terms and Conditions for additional details.
No. For your own safety, movement or alteration of the Unit by the Customer is strictly prohibited. Should you require movement of your unit, or desire alteration for a custom storage solution, please consult with a Blue Sky Team Member directly.
Blue Sky provides a base level of coverage of $5,000 per unit. You can purchase additional coverage for a total of $15,000 per unit. Our coverage applies from the time Blue Sky picks up the Unit at your address and remains in effect until we re-deliver the Unit to you. Blue Sky’s insurance does not cover Units stored at Customer’s sites – it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure their contents are covered during this time.